Don’t miss the opportunity to participate on the Environment and Sustainability Applications Track!
2017 Winter Simulation Conference – WSC Turns 50!
Ernest H. Page (General Chair); Gabriel Wainer (Program Chair)
When: December 3-6, 2017
Where: Las Vegas, NV (WSC 2017 will be held at the Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, NV.)
WSC 2017 is sponsored by ACM/SIGSIM, IISE, INFORMS-SIM and SCS, with technical co-sponsorship from ASA, ASIM, IEEE/SMC and NIST (Technical Co-Sponsor).
Environment and Sustainability Applications
Track Coordinators: Josep Casanovas, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (SP), Pau Fonseca, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (SP), and Alessandro Pellegrini, University of Rome “La Sapienza” (IT)
The Environmental and Sustainability Applications track focuses on the use of modeling and simulation for the analysis of the environment, of coupled natural-human systems, and of resilient and sustainable solutions to environmental and natural resource challenges. Application areas include ecological systems, natural disasters, renewable resources, sustainable manufacturing, sustainable infrastructure, urban planning, sustainable architecture and human-environment interaction. We solicit papers presenting new ideas, concepts, models, methods, tools, standards, and applications pertaining to the evaluation and preservation of the natural environment and its resources.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to, the modeling, simulation, and analysis of:
- Human-environment interaction
- Ecological systems
- Resilience in coupled natural-human systems
- Natural disasters and their impact on society
- Renewable resources and related processes
- Human adaptation to climate change
- Sustainable power grids/smart grids
- Energy efficient and sustainable urban planning and design
- Sustainable infrastructure, architecture, NZEB
- Energy/resource efficient manufacturing
- Environmental modeling, visualization, and optimization
- Decision support and analytics for sustainability
- Information modeling and interoperability for sustainability applications
Contributed paper deadlines
- April 7, 2017: Electronically submit contributed papers not previously published or presented. Papers should be at most 12 pages (including an abstract of not more than 150 words), except for introductory tutorials, advanced tutorials, history of simulation, and panel sessions, for which the limit is 15 pages. Submission implies that an author will attend WSC 2017 and present the paper, and all clearance required for publication of the paper will be obtained by July 15, 2017. Use of the authors’ templates in one of the following formats is required: Microsoft Word or LaTeX. Submissions must be made through the WSC website www.wintersim.org.
- June 2, 2017: Contributors will be notified whether their paper has been accepted.
- July 15, 2017: Authors electronically provide a final manuscript meeting all technical and format requirements to the Proceedings Editor.
For further information please contact:
- Alessandro Pellegrini email@example.com
- Josep Casanovas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pau Fonseca i Casas email@example.com